If Britain does leave the European Union in June, there could be some good news. It could mean the return of the old-style residence card which is also photographic identification. The days of the so-called useless green certificate could be numbered because this document is limited to citizens of the European Union. But obviously there is some bad news as well. Obtaining a non-EU citizen residence permit is not as a simple as getting the green certificate. But that is another story. Anyone who believes that our lives in the European Union will be unaffected if Britain leaves are living in a fantasy world. Yes, the people who will be the most affected by a British exit are the hundreds of thousands of expats who live within the European Union. A British exit will leave us in a state of turmoil until new agreements are signed. And that is the truth. We may find that our status changes and will have our cherished residence ID card again but the cost will be high.


The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.

Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');

mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.


Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.