Monastery accommodation will, according to the tourism ministry, be classified as being equivalent to a hostel.
1.41 million passengers came into the five Balearic ports onboard 605 ships, which themselves represented an increase of over 13%.
Cruise passengers spend an average of 112 euros per day in port.
Over 100 hundred cruise-ship visits are likely to have been made through October.
The government has yet to establish what will be the minimum stay in Balearic ports.
The Balearic contribution of passenger numbers of ship arrivals was in the region of one-third of August’s total for the whole of Spain.
- One person seriously injured after a boat explodes in Mallorca
- Anger over luxury yacht in Mallorca
- Spiderman hotel thief caught robbing guests while they slept in Mallorca
- Let there be light, government office in Palma breaks government energy blackout!
- Barack Obama's favourite super yacht returns to Mallorca