Absenteeism among care home workers has also shot up.
A reflection of the situation "in the rest of Balearic society".
Follows 54 people having been taken off a ship in Palma on Thursday.
A third of people testing positive.
Over 600 health professionals have Covid at present.
More than 13,000 tests in a day.
Queue for testing in Palma.
An explosion of Omicron cases in Mallorca.
Queue for tests at Son Dureta
On the basis of almost 5,000 new cases a day, the reality is more like 10,000.
A key issue is getting workers signed back on to work.
Covid testing point at Son Dureta in Palma.
A fall in the daily case numbers due to less testing.
The daily test rate is put at 37%.
- Robbie Williams rocks and shocks the Balearics
- Luxury yacht catches fire off Formentera
- British residents refused travel discount, charged 600 euros for Palma-Barcelona return flight
- Michael Schumacher will need large medical team in Mallorca
- One person seriously injured after a boat explodes in Mallorca