Catalonia holds regional elections on September 27 in which separatists are trying to win a majority of representatives in parliament to push their independence drive forward.
Balearics has asked the EU to review its refugee policies.
This election could be the break the Catalan independence movement has been waiting for.
Ahead of a two-day visit to Germany Rajoy said that Spain is no longer the “sick man of Europe.”
- Robbie Williams rocks and shocks the Balearics
- Luxury yacht catches fire off Formentera
- British residents refused travel discount, charged 600 euros for Palma-Barcelona return flight
- Michael Schumacher will need large medical team in Mallorca
- One person seriously injured after a boat explodes in Mallorca