The tunnel should have become free today, but the high court has decided otherwise.
Globalvia's compensation valuation for terminating the toll concession is greatly in excess of the Council of Majorca's.
15.4 million euros have been offered by way of compensation. If this is not acceptable, the courts could become involved.
"There is a need above that of car parks, which are a municipal responsibility and will require action in the future."
There are still six years remaining on the contract to operate the toll system.
"The elimination of the toll will have an effect only at the beginning because of the novelty of being able to come to Soller without having to pay."
- EasyJet flight intercepted by fighter as it heads to Balearic airspace
- Irish tourist serious after Santa Ponsa hotel balcony fall
- German tourists, waiters "held" Vietnamese artists until police arrived
- Masks could be reintroduced in Spain's top holiday destinations
- More than 20 people affected by chlorine leak at Puerto Alcudia hotel pool