Spain has administered just over 1.3 million doses to a priority group of care-home residents and front-line medics.
Spain's nursing homes suffered badly in the first wave of the pandemic between March and May.
The government has an "obligation" to accelerate the vaccination programme.
Pedro Sánchez, speaking at the meeting of the World Tourism Organization's executive council.
Pedro Sánchez says that 70% of the population will have been vaccinated by the end of the summer.
Salvador Illa during a Congress committee appearance on Thursday.
The three phases of the vaccination programme will last until next summer.
The cabinet will approve the vaccination strategy next week.
Spain's incidence rate is still very high.
- One person seriously injured after a boat explodes in Mallorca
- Anger over luxury yacht in Mallorca
- Spiderman hotel thief caught robbing guests while they slept in Mallorca
- Let there be light, government office in Palma breaks government energy blackout!
- Barack Obama's favourite super yacht returns to Mallorca