Both the Acciona and Baleária shipping companies are reporting greatly increased business as a consequence of higher demand, in particular from the construction industry.
The ultimate objective is to arrive at a balance between environmental considerations, each town hall's regulations and safe access to beaches and coves.
Prototype is on schedule to be operational by next year.
More than a hundred objections have been registered with the town hall.
- Robbie Williams rocks and shocks the Balearics
- Luxury yacht catches fire off Formentera
- One person seriously injured after a boat explodes in Mallorca
- British residents refused travel discount, charged 600 euros for Palma-Barcelona return flight
- Michael Schumacher will need large medical team in Mallorca