It is forty years since the first Balearic government was formed and so also forty years since the Balearics had its first tourism minister - Jaume Cladera, from a hotel industry background.
Sports tourism - key to the growth of Mallorca's off season
The hoteliers federation reckons that up to 25% of hotels are all year
Also in Holiday
- EasyJet adds two new UK-to-Mallorca routes for 2024
- Two more Michelin stars for Mallorca
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in "keeping a second home in Spain will no longer be viable."
- One million Brits would benefit from 90-day rule being scrapped in Spain
- Police chase ends with arrest of one of Mallorca's most dangerous criminals