Antonio Catalán is one of Spain's leading hoteliers. His name is less familiar in Mallorca than the names of those who head up the likes of the island's 'big four' of Barceló, Iberostar, Meliá and Riu, as he is not Mallorcan and his hotel interests on the island have not been great by comparison. However, the hotel chains that he has founded - NH Hoteles and more recently AC Hotels-AC by Marriott - are major companies, while his understanding of the Mallorca market includes having owned a house on the island for the past fifteen years.
Top hotelier: "If clients cannot pay the price that I have set for a product, they should not come"
"One must know how to value what one has and be much more selective"
Also in Holiday
- "Massive queues" for British travellers at Palma airport
- Palma nightlife - Close at midnight or move to the industrial estates
- President Armengol comes to the defence of teacher in Spanish flag affair
- Class at Palma school sent home for displaying the Spanish flag
- Woman arrested for biting off a man's earlobe at a Palma bar