BANGLADESH and Haiti vie for the wooden spoon of the unluckiest country in the world. But there is really no competition: Bangladesh is plagued by frequent floods that take away its top soil and the lives of its people; but it is a functioning democracy with relative stability and good relations with its former colonial master.
A BENIGHTED COUNTRY
Also in Holiday
- New "Nomad visa" to be launched on January 1, new life in Spain awaits
- Rafa Nadal and Mery Perelló in Turin with their baby boy
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- End of the road in sight for British driving licence saga in Spain
- New owner of "Night Manager" estate in Pollensa asks permission to carry out improvements