THE peoples' uprising against President Mubarak's regime in Egypt continued throughout the week although without any resolution. TV coverage of the peaceful marches and demonstrations by hundreds of thousands of Egyptians in Cairo and Alexandria was seen throughout the world. President Mubarak said that he would not contest the next presidential election in September but refused to respond to calls from the Cairo streets and international leaders that he should resign immediately. His decision to resign from his party but not form the presidency made little impression.
THE WEEK THAT WAS
Also in Holiday
- Supermarket shop in Mallorca 70% more expensive than a year ago
- Balearics is for sale, over 91 hotels on the market
- Strikes at Spain's airports over the festive period
- You no longer have to remove liquids, electronic device from your hand luggage at Palma airport
- Palma town hall cannot stop demolition of beach restaurant, say environmentalists