...No, three hundred, three thousand, three hundred thousand cheers for the Egyptian revolutionaries who without any violence overthrew the once all-powerful Mubarak regime which had ruthlessly ruled the country for thirty years. It is difficult to judge the importance of the 18-day people's rebellion -- for Egypt itself and for all other countries in which the populace is denied basic human rights. The revolution will also go down in history as the first in which personal communications played a vital role in co-ordinating tactics and which was covered by live television without a break from beginning to end.
Also in Holiday
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Travelling to the Balearics to get easier for Britons
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Victory for famous Palma restaurant threatened with demolition
- Nadal opens up on being a father and admits he is sleeping less