I own a villa on the island . It is nice to see that the powers-that-be are going to try and increase flights to the island during the winter period. Over the past five years my family and I have been coming through November to March on an average of once a month . We fly from Stanstead but flight availability does not allow us to take a five day break. Whilst we do not eat out all of the time we will use local shops, bars and cafe on a regular basis. The island is loosing this trade because of the flight situation.
Also in Holiday
- Supermarket shop in Mallorca 70% more expensive than a year ago
- Balearics is for sale, over 91 hotels on the market
- Strikes at Spain's airports over the festive period
- You no longer have to remove liquids, electronic device from your hand luggage at Palma airport
- Palma town hall cannot stop demolition of beach restaurant, say environmentalists