Dear Sir I took my 81 year old Father to a seafront restaurant and noticed a Pensioner Specials board with some really good offers. I ordered my food from the normal menu and asked for a pensioners special for my Dad. The pensioner offers are for the Spanish only, I was told (apologetically) by the waitress. I asked if this was somewhat racist, but thought the waitress was not the one to berate and as the manager was not there, so I did not make a fuss as I would have liked to.
Also in Holiday
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Home sharing takes off in Mallorca as the cheap alternative to owning a property