By Jason Moore IT is the same old story every year;the summer season starts but the beaches are not ready. Now, those of us who live on the island would probably think twice or even three times (in my case four times) about going to the beach and having a swim but let us not forget that our lifeblood are tourists from Northern Europe who don´t feel the cold as much as we do and probably think it is ideal beach weather. Yesterday, we reported on the fact that the beach at Cala San Vicente was not ready;it hasn´t been cleaned and the sun loungers are not out;yesterday I received a call from a reader in Cala Major who said that a similar state of affairs is happening there. We have all winter to prepare for these crucial six months; it is a make or break time. The beaches must be ready especially as Majorca is a beach holiday destination. We have to remember that many people from Britain and Germany have been dreaming of going to the beach all winter and when they get here they find that the sun is shining but the beach isn´t. So no excuses, get those beaches ready and clean because the clock is ticking and this year the island can´t afford to make too many mistakes.
Also in Holiday
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Travelling to the Balearics to get easier for Britons
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Victory for famous Palma restaurant threatened with demolition
- Nadal opens up on being a father and admits he is sleeping less