l IS Nigel Farage, the leader of the United Kingdon Independence Party (UKIP), which was one of the big winners in the local elections in England and Wales. Farage´s party was dismissed as a bunch of clowns by the Conservatives but the only person who was laughing on Friday was Farage whose party took more than 100 council seats and reduced the majority in a safe Labour seat by almost half. The Conservative Party was one of the biggest losers and Prime Minister David Cameron is now under pressure to make big changes to try and reverse UKIP´s big growth. One thing for sure UKIP is on course to become Britain´s fourth or even third biggest party.
Person of the week.
Also in Holiday
- Thirty-year sentences demanded for judge and prosecutor in BCM owner case
- Man looking for mushrooms dies after a fall in the mountains
- Missing British rugby player had been in the Balearics
- Andratx to spend almost five million euros on demolition of Monport apartments
- From Hollywood to Mallorca love still in the air for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones