By Ray Fleming AT this time one year ago the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats in Britain were finalising the Coalition Agreement which sets out the joint work programme drawn from the election manifestos of the two parties. This impressive document lists some 150 policy objectives or administrative actions and after the failure of the AV referendum last week I decided to check on what else the Agreement has in prospect. On page 27, right next to the AV referendum entry, there is this: Bring forward proposals for a wholly or mainly elected upper chamber on the basis of proportional representation.
NEXT FOR NICK
Also in Holiday
- Class at Palma school sent home for displaying the Spanish flag
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Amber Heard helps put Mallorca on the global map
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Just passed his test, and four times over the limit