ONE million French protestors against President Sarkozy's proposal to raise the retirement age filled the streets of major cities. The government said that delaying retirement benefits from the present age 60 to 62 would save 70 billion euros each year.
THE WEEK THAT WAS
Also in Holiday
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for tomorrow