How Mr Fleming can claim that due to the good offices of the EU, there have been no more world wars, truly amazes me. This has nothing to do with Brussels but more to do with the fear of mutual annihilation.
Would he therefore try and convince us that the UN, a larger and costlier version of our EU peace-corps, has succeeded in bringing peace to the human race?
He then goes on to say that since 1945 there have been no wars in Europe. Where, in that case, is, or was, Yugoslavia?
And that “problem”, as Mr Fleming would probably classify it, was, in the end, finally solved by the USA after months of incompetence by incompetent European leaders, the same people who according to Mr Fleming have banned armed conflict within Europe’s shores.
And, speaking personally, ever since Obama was handed the Nobel peace prize, whilst at the same time merrily sending armed drones over Afghanistan, it has lost all of its value, so as far as I am concerned the smiling faces of the EU Eurocrats receiving it are fooling themselves and nobody else.
Also in Holiday
- Supermarket shop in Mallorca 70% more expensive than a year ago
- Balearics is for sale, over 91 hotels on the market
- Strikes at Spain's airports over the festive period
- You no longer have to remove liquids, electronic device from your hand luggage at Palma airport
- Palma town hall cannot stop demolition of beach restaurant, say environmentalists