Ceviche, it would seem, is still conquering every foodie’s heart. Now don’t get me wrong, in the right hands, with just the right balance of chilli, lime and coriander; it can off course be absolutely delicious. But I have to confess that I’ve slowly fallen out of love this Peruvian icon and I’ve grown tired of it’s charms as practically every achingly hip, “trendy” Asian-Peruvian-Mexican fusion restaurant can’t resist putting it on their menus in some shape or form…usually with avocado, very often let down by clumsy knife work on the overly thick fish and disappointingly served with poor quality ingredients, all of which are unforgivable!
Tired of civiche... bring on the Escabeche!
Also in Holiday
- Class at Palma school sent home for displaying the Spanish flag
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Amber Heard helps put Mallorca on the global map
- Just passed his test, and four times over the limit
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits