The whole subject of Foie gras is without doubt one of the most divisive issues in gastronomy. You can’t argue convincingly with the extraordinarily pleasurable experience of eating foie gras. However, you also can’t argue convincingly, although many “foodies” may try, that the force-feeding process, which produces the stuff, isn’t at minimum, animal cruelty in some shape or form. I must admit that as a chef who cares passionately about the ingredients I use, I am incredibly torn on the issue.
5000 years of controversy
Also in Holiday
- Class at Palma school sent home for displaying the Spanish flag
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Amber Heard helps put Mallorca on the global map
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Just passed his test, and four times over the limit