Known locally as ‘the kingdom of warblers’, Son Real is an impressive area of Pines, beach and walkways. I have another name for this excellent site – ‘the kingdom of Orchids’, as April and May will see some great species such as Giant, Bug, Pyramidal, Tongue and Bee Orchids. But winter here is also a special time. To reach Son Real, drive into Can Picafort (the next town after the Albufera Marsh). Drive through Can Picafort to join the MA-12 road. After the Km18 marker post look for a sign on the left marked Son Real. If the gates at the entrance are shut, open those to pass through ensuring you close them behind you. They are there to prevent livestock getting onto the main road. Follow the track for about a 100yards to the large (free) car park.
Winter wonderland – Son Real
Also in Holiday
- New "Nomad visa" to be launched on January 1, new life in Spain awaits
- Rafa Nadal and Mery Perelló in Turin with their baby boy
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- End of the road in sight for British driving licence saga in Spain
- New owner of "Night Manager" estate in Pollensa asks permission to carry out improvements