Summertime, and the living is easy, particularly for parliamentarians. After all their hard labours over many a month, summertime beckons, which in Majorca means lazy days of August. The living is indeed easy; easier still. There are no throngs of tourists clogging up roads and beaches. Despite the not infrequent allusions to the “difficult” summer, it won’t seem so difficult as high summer lulls Balearic parliamentarians into a state of calmness.
The fifty-nine go on holiday
Also in Holiday
- Class at Palma school sent home for displaying the Spanish flag
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Amber Heard helps put Mallorca on the global map
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Just passed his test, and four times over the limit