Dr Anna Pink MRCVS was born and raised in Cape Town in South Africa. She studied Veterinary Science at the University of Onderstepoort in Pretoria and qualified in 1997 when she moved to the UK to work and in her words "pay off the student loan”. She met her husband Dr. Juan José Fernández DVM, another vet, when she was working as a locum. “We first met in surgery. We hit it off, but for a long time we were very professional, just colleagues but then we became friends, and then more than friends!” They worked together for ten years before moving to Mallorca in 2007, and set up their own practice, Calvia Vet in 2012.
Mallorca reminds me of where I was born
"There are lots of vets who actually end up dropping out and going into research or academia because they can't handle the day to day constant contact with people."
Also in Holiday
- "Massive queues" for British travellers at Palma airport
- Palma nightlife - Close at midnight or move to the industrial estates
- President Armengol comes to the defence of teacher in Spanish flag affair
- Class at Palma school sent home for displaying the Spanish flag
- Woman arrested for biting off a man's earlobe at a Palma bar