The Exceltur alliance for tourism excellence points to the Balearics having had the best summer tourism figures in Spain compared with 2019. The region has experienced the greatest increase in income, although inflation and the increase in costs mean that profits are not proportional to this increase.
Balearics best Spanish tourism figures compared with 2019
Income up, but profits not up in proportion
Also in Holiday
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Demolition catches Son Banya drug dealers unawares
- Cala d'Or is UK’s top travel destination for 2024 as Mallorca remains number one
- The ninety-day rule: "Exclusive interview with French Senator proposing end to 90-day rule"