For America's First Lady Michelle Obama who received a surprise invitation to meet Nelson Mandela during her visit to South Africa to continue her work in championing women's issues and youth leadership. Soweto, where 236 blacks were killed in June 1976 was one of the townships she visited and she also saw Mr Mandela's cell on Robben Island. He is now 93 and infirm; he had not been seen in public since Janaury before this meeting with Mrs Obama.
Also in Holiday
- Robbie Williams rocks and shocks the Balearics
- British residents refused travel discount, charged 600 euros for Palma-Barcelona return flight
- Michael Schumacher will need large medical team in Mallorca
- Luxury yacht catches fire off Formentera
- Covid, reminder if you are travelling from the UK to the Balearics