IT was evident reading Gerry Mulligan´s interview with Balearic President Bauza on Friday that the local authorities are taking the problems of Magalluf very seriously and something is going to be done. Bauza said that they had asked for the help of the Ministry for the Interior in Madrid, which is responsible for the police and to some extent the justice department. He also said that they wanted to tackle the problems “at source.” So in other words British tourists will be warned of the dangers of Magalluf before they actually board their plane! Bauza also mentioned plans to upgrade hotels in the area. I have also heard that Calvia council are also planning legislation. In other-words, like everyone else, the local authorities have had enough of Magalluf and all its problems. The meeting Bauza had with British travel firms and the Spanish and British governments in London last month was obviously productive. I think that the fact that some travel firms suggested that Magalluf was getting the Balearics a bad name had prompted the local government into action. Perhaps in years to come the Bulletin will receive letters from tourists saying what a fantastic holiday they´ve had in Magalluf and how the resort has changed! This may be wishful thing on my part but we are in the festive season! But, seriously we do seem to be finally moving forward on Magalluf and the Balearic government will be doing all in their power to sort it out.
The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.
Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');
mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.
Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.