Over three consecutive nights at the end of July 1981, the auditorium in Palma became a temple for jazz. The names didn’t get much bigger. With their quartets were Dexter Gordon, Dizzy Gillespie and Stan Getz. This was the first Festival of Jazz.
Before and after: Miles Davis and jazz in Majorca
Also in Holiday
- Storm warning in the Balearics for tomorrow..heatwave is over (for now)
- Prison for thirteen German tourists
- 400 tourist establishments could be converted into residential accommodation
- Non vaccinated Britons can now travel to Mallorca
- Mayor of Calvia: We want tourists to enjoy themselves, discover Calvia and all that it offers but we want them to behave. Rowdy behaviour will not be tolerated,”