If tourism does become a proper all-year industry, the benefits to everyone, not just the hoteliers, will be enormous. But being realistic, the four-month mad dash to Majorca’s beaches by millions of people from all over Europe quite suits the powers that be. They make a quick buck in the short summer season and then pay their attention to making more cash in their hotels in the Caribbean and other winter hotspots. Why do they want to pay to keep hotels open during a cool and often wet winter, despite the host of activities to enjoy and places to visit here on the island?
Too many tourists
Also in News
- "Massive queues" for British travellers at Palma airport
- Palma nightlife - Close at midnight or move to the industrial estates
- President Armengol comes to the defence of teacher in Spanish flag affair
- Class at Palma school sent home for displaying the Spanish flag
- Woman arrested for biting off a man's earlobe at a Palma bar