Better late than never! I couldn’t understand why the Scottish nationalists hadn’t got involved in the issue of Catalonia. For many years the Scottish nationalists have maintained close links with those parties seeking independence in Catalonia. Scotland’s pro-independence first minister Nicola Sturgeon has criticised Madrid’s handling of the crisis with its northern region but refrained from backing the declaration of independence. The European Union, which she would like to see admitting a future independent Scotland, has backed Spain’s central government.
Also in News
- Missing British rugby player had been in the Balearics
- Thirty-year sentences demanded for judge and prosecutor in BCM owner case
- Man looking for mushrooms dies after a fall in the mountains
- Andratx to spend almost five million euros on demolition of Monport apartments
- Diving with blue whales in Mallorca