It may sound amazing but no one is talking about the summer season at the Balearic stand at the World Travel Market tourism fair in London. No mention of sun or beaches - just hiking, cycling shopping and eating in winter. You see, the Balearic Islands no longer have to promote themselves in the summer, they sell themselves. This may sound a bit big-headed but most people know about the beaches and the weather so there isn't much point any more selling the summer. Also, politically for the local government, promoting winter tourism rather hits back at the critics who say that there are too many tourists during the summer.
Also in News
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Travelling to the Balearics to get easier for Britons
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Victory for famous Palma restaurant threatened with demolition
- Nadal opens up on being a father and admits he is sleeping less