One million fewer tourists coming to our shores next season because of the increase in the rate of the tourist tax. This is what local hoteliers are alleging at the moment and I do not want to question their figures but it does sound rather incredible that they can give numbers when most package holidays for summer 2018 are still unsold. Now of course the rise in the tourist tax is a major concern but at the end of the day we are talking pennies not pounds. Turkey, as I have said in this space all week, is a concern for the Balearics because it is far cheaper but I sincerely doubt that it will have a major impact.
Also in News
- New "Nomad visa" to be launched on January 1, new life in Spain awaits
- Rafa Nadal and Mery Perelló in Turin with their baby boy
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- End of the road in sight for British driving licence saga in Spain
- New owner of "Night Manager" estate in Pollensa asks permission to carry out improvements