Yesterday morning I was sitting outside a bar in central Palma having a coffee before I went to work. To my amazement the president of the Balearic government, Francina Armengol, wandered past. There was not a security guard or official car in sight. She was simply walking to work. I thought to myself, how refreshing. Until very recently the Balearic president had a security cordon which appeared similar to the one which follows around US presidents. In some cases it consisted of three agents, an official car and control car. It was quite extraordinary. But thankfully those times have gone and now the Balearic president walks to work through Palma.
Close to the people
Also in News
- Missing British rugby player had been in the Balearics
- Diving with blue whales in Mallorca
- From Hollywood to Mallorca love still in the air for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
- "It is a grave error not to listen to our foreign residents," said Mayor of Andratx
- Andratx to spend almost five million euros on demolition of Monport apartments