Those who believe that the local tourist industry should rest during the winter months are rather being proved right this year. It is often said that the weather is not good enough from November to February to attract tourists seeking winter sun. This winter will probably go down on record as one of the coldest of recent years with freezing temperatures and snow. There is more to Majorca than just the sun, but if I had come on holiday to the island over the last few weeks I would not have been too impressed by the weather. In a few weeks time we will be complaining about the hot weather, but it must be said that winter tourism to the island is always going to be a hard sell if we have similar weather to this winter.
Also in News
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Playa de Palma club faces huge fine for security breaches
- Palma's Via de Cintura cut off to save the lives of a group of disoriented dogs
- Monday's weather in Mallorca