The local ministry for tourism has backed a proposal for owners of legal holiday accommodation for rental purposes to share information on guests with the police. The local ministry for tourism will be providing the police and Guardia Civil with information on all rental holiday accommodation. The local authorities were quick to point out yesterday that it was not a question of "Big Brother is watching" but more a case of having information, if necessary, on who is staying where. It is part of Spain's new anti-terrorism plan but it puts so-called illegal holiday rentals even further in the spotlight.
Also in News
- New "Nomad visa" to be launched on January 1, new life in Spain awaits
- Rafa Nadal and Mery Perelló in Turin with their baby boy
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- End of the road in sight for British driving licence saga in Spain
- New owner of "Night Manager" estate in Pollensa asks permission to carry out improvements