There is major concern within the travel industry; the British and Germans are not booking their holidays to Majorca. Everyone is getting rather worried. I have no doubt that when the Brexit nightmare is resolved, hopefully in a couple of months, the British will start booking their holidays. But there are plenty of 'ifs'. The Germans, who are said to be furious over the tourist tax, are looking to Turkey. It is too early to say whether Majorca's holiday dream will become a nightmare but many are quietly saying that it could be a season to forget. Some of the major hotel chains, which rely on the German market, have put money aside for advertising campaigns in Germany if bookings don't rise. The government is already talking about a promotion campaign for Spain in Britain and Germany because of the low bookings.
Also in News
- New "Nomad visa" to be launched on January 1, new life in Spain awaits
- Rafa Nadal and Mery Perelló in Turin with their baby boy
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- End of the road in sight for British driving licence saga in Spain
- New owner of "Night Manager" estate in Pollensa asks permission to carry out improvements