Better late than never! Britain is allegedly a month away from leaving the European Union and Spain announces that all will be fine for British citizens, deal or no deal. Spain has one of the largest British expatriate communities in the European Union and has been at pains to reassure them that their rights will be protected after Brexit. More than 300,000 British citizens are registered in Spain and an unknown number unregistered, the Spanish government said. The new residency process would apply to about 400,000 people, it is estimated. Continued residency rights are part of a series of measures announced on Friday to protect Britons' rights in Spain in the event of of a no-deal Brexit, including access to health care and social security.
Better late than never
Also in News
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Home sharing takes off in Mallorca as the cheap alternative to owning a property