There is a certain buzz around Majorca at the moment and for once the conversations in local bars are about Real Mallorca and not Barcelona or Real Madrid. It is that time when everyone becomes a Real Mallorca fan because the local team are two games away from the Spanish First Division. The climax is on Sunday and Mallorca could be back where they belong after years in the wilderness. Full marks to the team; in two seasons they have gone from the "Conference league" to being at the gates of the first division. Quite an achievement for a club with limited resources. But let's remember that Mallorca have been there before; they played Champions League football and reached the final of the Cup Winners' Cup.
The top flight
Also in News
- The owner's fear of the 'tenant-squatter' in Mallorca
- Update: Mallorca December temperature records broken, Mallorca basks in sunshine, highs of 24ºC
- Top British cyclist trains in Alcudia
- Housing law has reduced the number of homes to rent in Mallorca by up to 30%
- New Exeter to Mallorca flights for 2024 - the Brits are coming