Catalina Solivellas is an actress. In July last year she was appointed culture delegate for the Balearic government. This was not some honorary title. It was a political appointment, one that had the appearance of a knee-jerk reaction. In constructing the pact government’s “organogram”, culture was nowhere to be seen. A ministry and ministerial responsibility had disappeared. Loud questions were asked, to which the response was that culture was now part of the ministry of the presidency. Few were convinced. The impression was that the government had either forgotten about culture or had decided to downgrade its importance.
Also in News
- Massive security operation for Christmas in Mallorca
- Michael Douglas has a fortune of 350 million dollars, Mallorca home is one of his key assets
- Penguins land in Mallorca
- Mallorca security services on red alert for Spain-Morocco World Cup clash
- "The main economy in the Balearics has become the real-estate business"