... was Aina Calvo. The former mayor of Palma was officially named the new national government delegate in the Balearics. She is therefore the Spanish government’s chief representative on Balearics soil, a position that brings with it responsibilities such as that for the state security forces.
Person of the week
Also in News
- Mallorca doctors vote to go on strike
- From Hollywood to Mallorca love still in the air for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
- "It is a grave error not to listen to our foreign residents," said Mayor of Andratx
- Diving with blue whales in Mallorca
- Missing British rugby player had been in the Balearics