With the death of Sir Harold Evans at the age of 92, I have lost an old friend and a formidable rival in the days when he was editing the Sunday Times and I was editing The Observer. As a tribute to the greatest newspaper editor of our time, I reproduce here a review of Harry’s autobiography, which I wrote 37 years ago but which still represents my opinion of him and his legendary battle with Rupert Murdoch. It appears in a book to be published later this year, Heroes & Villains, a selection of my journalism over the past 60 years.
Requiem for Britain's greatest editor
Also in News
- New law for pet owners comes into force on Friday in Mallorca
- Investigation into the death of a British woman following cosmetic surgery in Mallorca
- Now Spain torpedoes all-inclusive cruise deals with extra booze and food taxes
- Prostitution gang arrests in Alcudia, Inca and Muro
- Mallorca fans see red over scantily clad dancers in VIP area!