In Spain, there isn't the circus surrounding the appointment of Supreme Court judges as there is in the US but there is a similar concern about the political nature of appointments, and this politicisation is an issue identified by the European Commission in its latest report into the Rule of Law in EU member states.
An impartial judiciary
Also in News
- Michael Douglas has a fortune of 350 million dollars, Mallorca home is one of his key assets
- Mallorca security services on red alert for Spain-Morocco World Cup clash
- Massive security operation for Christmas in Mallorca
- Ex-Ukrainian professional cyclist arrested in Mallorca
- Briton drowns in Can Picafort