In 2017, Muro town hall introduced a rubbish tax rate specific to holiday rental accommodation (licensed). The rate, per accommodation place, was to be the same as the rate for hotels - 67 euros. As an example of what this would mean for the annual bill, the rate for a property with six places would increase from 97 euros for a regular home to 402 euros.
A rental is not a home
Also in News
- Mallorca doctors vote to go on strike
- From Hollywood to Mallorca love still in the air for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
- "It is a grave error not to listen to our foreign residents," said Mayor of Andratx
- Diving with blue whales in Mallorca
- Missing British rugby player had been in the Balearics