TOMORROW thousands of shoppers will be kicking themselves when they see presents they bought just a few days ago for Three Kings at half price, as stores across the Balearics throw their doors open to the winter sales. While a few areas on the mainland launched their sales on January 1, the Balearics have held out until the end of the festive period in order not to lose out on any income, and also because new legislation in the Balearics has been passed to encourage shops from holding the summer sales until much later during the season. So catch the bargains now as it is going to be a long haul until the next official discount season. But, the Consumer Union has issued its annual warning to bargain hunters on the eve of the sales. This year the advice to consumers is not to let shops abuse clients and for shoppers to be fully aware of their consumer rights.
Don´t get caught in the sales
Also in News
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Home sharing takes off in Mallorca as the cheap alternative to owning a property