20-08-2013
Spanish political leaders yesterday urged voters in the Basque region not to be intimidated by the separatist group ETA after a car bombing rocked campaigning for Sunday's general election. The bomb injured seven people - two police and five civilians - in the Basque city of San Sebastian on Monday night in the third attack blamed on ETA in two months. A Civil Guard police vehicle was blown up as it passed a car packed with explosives in a residential street. A Civil Guard officer suffered broken ribs and her partner was slightly injured in the explosion. Officials said their lives may have been saved by the patrol car's armour plating. The other victims, including pedestrians and passengers in another car, escaped with only cuts and bruises. The car bomb was packed with 40 kg (88 pounds) of explosives, twice as much as in the two fatal attacks earlier this year, police said. The three attacks this year ended an 18-month period without bloodshed. ETA had called off a 14-month ceasefire in December. P7-8

Comments

The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.

Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');

mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.

Warning

Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.