The oldest shop on Majorca, the sweet shop La Parajita, was yesterday honoured for its services by becoming the first store in the Balearics to be presented with the new Euroetiqueta sticker, a sign of being prepared for the introduction of the single currency next year. The oldest shops in Minorca and Ibiza were also simultaneously presented with the Euro stickers, as will be a string of stores across the Balearics which have adhered to the good practice code by preparing for the introduction of the Euro.
Oldest Majorcan shop gets a Euro sticker
Also in News
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Travelling to the Balearics to get easier for Britons
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Victory for famous Palma restaurant threatened with demolition
- Nadal opens up on being a father and admits he is sleeping less