Community-minded volunteers will be out in force today for the annual charity sponsored walk for the disabled, organised by Walter J Foster, which each year raises millions of pesetas. Over the past 13 years, the walkers have raised over 17 million pesetas. Last year, the event raised two million pesetas, and this was spent on materials (800'000 pesetas) and 18 excursions to Fantasia Golf, Marineland, Aquacity and Natura Park for various organisations for the handicapped and Age Concern. There will actually be two walks today, one from Genova via Calvia to Capdella, a distance of 23 kilometres, and a shorter one of eight kilometres from Calvia to Capdella. Those starting from Genova will set off at 9am, although the energetic souls who prefer to run will not be setting off until 10am. The walkers from Calvia will start at 11am. Most of the walkers come from the local international schools and they will be welcomed in Capdella with a well-deserved barbecue. The whole route is supervised by police and civil protection.
Charity sponsored walk set to raise more millions
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- In the eye of the storm: flights cancelled, schools closed
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"