News desk FIFTY clubs in Calvia have set up a committee to organise fund-raising events to aid the South East Asia tsunami victims. The sale of stickers with the slogan I've helped, have you? for one euro each. Collection boxes in shops, hotels, supermarkets, club houses, etc. A soccer match between a team of Calvia footballers and a team of club members, with all gate money going to the tsunami victims. Collections during the St Anthony celebrations. The opening of a bank account at La Caixa (2100 0713 220200031596) where donations can be deposited. A radio marathon in which various well known people will ask listeners for donations. A one euro chain. An activity proposed by the neighbourhood association of Son Ferrer, for all those who want to take part by contributing one euro. This activity will take place in Son Ferrer.
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Mark Cavendish teams up with Armstrong, Ullrich and Wiggins in Mallorca