By Staff Reporter A ring of steel has been placed around the nuclear powered aircraft carrer, Theodore Roosevelt, moored in the Bay of Palma. Guardia Civil launches and patrol boats, drafted in from the mainland, ensure that an exlusion zone is kept around the carrier, stretching for up to half a kilometre. Pleasure crafts which venture too close to the warship are strictly dealt with by the Guardia Civil. Also, the U.S. Navy has a number of guard boats on duty helping establish the security cordon. Specialist Guardia Civil divers are also on duty.
RING OF STEEL AROUND U.S. AIRCRAFT CARRIER
Also in News
- Strikes at Spain's airports over the festive period
- Balearics is for sale, over 91 hotels on the market
- Supermarket shop in Mallorca 70% more expensive than a year ago
- You no longer have to remove liquids, electronic device from your hand luggage at Palma airport
- Palma town hall cannot stop demolition of beach restaurant, say environmentalists