PALMA fire fighters responded to two fires in the capital yesterday afternoon.
The first was reported just after 2pm at the Hotel Catalonia Majorica. Guests were evacuated as a precautionary measure and were allowed to return to their rooms after the fire was swiftly extinguished.
The second blaze was reported just hours later after a microwave apparently exploded in a cafe on the corner of Calle Ramon y Cajal and the Plaza Hornabeque. The microwave exploded in the basement and created a thick column of smoke which complicated the fire fighters' efforts to locate the appliance and remove it from the establishment. No injuries were reported in either incident.
The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.
Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');
mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.
Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.